Friday, February 27

Saving cookies...

for another day!

I don't know about you, but when I bake cookies, it's tempting for Korey and I to eat the whole batch in a couple days. To avoid over-eating and to save some cookies for another day, I freeze them!

You can freeze the dough or the baked cookies. I like to freeze the dough from drop cookies and bake up a hot batch for after supper or to share with friends. I also have leftover already baked cookies in my freezer from Christmas that are still quite tasty.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies ready to be frozen

Cookie dough can be frozen in one piece (and thawed before using) or for ease of use, pre-shape the cookies. Freeze shaped cookies on a cookie sheet until firm, then transfer to an air-tight container or freezer bag and return to freezer. You can bake the cookies straight from the freezer, just add a couple minutes to the baking time! It is helpful to put a note on the container with the baking temp and time so you don't have to pull out the cookbook again.

Cookies aren't the only dessert you can freeze. I also put unfrosted cupcakes in the freezer for a quick treat (and again, so we don't eat them all!) Just be sure they are completely cooled before freezing or the center will get soggy when thawed. You can also freeze sugar-based frosting.

What dessert items do you like to freeze? How do you avoid eating a whole batch of cookies or cupcakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment